This light dessert is easy to make and has lots of flavor. It is the perfect ending to any meal, and even guests who do not drink coffee enjoy its delicate flavor and smooth texture. The pudding can also be made ahead, which makes preparing a full dinner much less stressful.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a saucepan, warm the milk over medium-low heat, but do not let it boil.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar and beat on high speed for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and light colored. Add the coffee to the mixture.
4. Temper the warmed milk into the mixture, a little bit at a time, stirring constantly as you go to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
5. Grease 8 individual ramekins. When all the ingredients are combined and the mixture has a uniform texture, divide it among the prepared ramekins.
6. Place the ramekins in a large baking dish. Pour water around the ramekins in the dish until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the pudding in the ramekins is almost set. The pudding will continue to set as it cools, so do not bake until firm or it will be too dry.
8. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve cold.
Copyright © 2010 Viktorija Todorovska. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without express written permission from the publisher.